Preparation Before the Interview
Research the role
- Key responsibilities?
- How is performance measured?
- Key skills required?
Research the company
- What do they do?
- Who are their customers?
- News: recent performance, customer wins, investment?
- Who are their competitors? How do they compare?
Learn your CV
- What have you done?
- Be able to discuss all of your previous roles
- What have you achieved? – have examples
Prepare arguments why you are right for the role
- How can you add value to the client’s business?
- What experience, knowledge or contacts do you have which are relevant
- What achievements do you have which demonstrate what you could do for them
Prepare answers to common questions
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should I employ you?
- What motivates / de-motivates you?
- What have been your greatest achievements work and personal?
- What is the biggest mistake you have ever made?
- What did you learn from it?
- What do you know about our company and products?
- What skills can you bring to the company?
- How do you like to be managed?
- What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
Think about reservations
- What reservations might the company have about you?
- How can you address or overcome these?
Know where you are going
If necessary and practical do a trial run of the journey to make sure you can find it and get there on time.